It’s a privilege to find organic pumpkin in April! At least here where I live, we don’t see pumpkin in the market every day. So, my first thought as I saw that cute yellow creature was: I have to buy it otherwise it will be gone until October! And my second thought was: pumpkin soup! Yes! My favorite pumpkin soup is the one with coconut milk and ginger. It has rich flavor and addictive. Perfect for simple appetizer, eat it with or without bread. You gotta love it!
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
– 600 gr Hokkaido pumpkin, roughly chopped
– 500ml water
– 300ml coconut milk
– 2 cm ginger, peeled, crushed
– 1 tbs lemon juice
– Coriander leaves for garnish
– Thai bird chillies, sliced (optional)
- In a pan saute onion until soft.
- Add in ginger, carrot and pumpkin, stir for around 5 minutes.
- Add in water and cook with medium heat until tender.
- Pour into a food processor, blend until smooth and then strain the puree using a fine sieve back into the pan.
- Add coconut milk, salt, peppers and lemon juice. Heat it again.
- Serve while hot. Scattered with chilli, if you like and add coriander leaves as garnish.
My other pumpkin recipes:
[…] biasa, temenku Beth, paling sering deh lempar tema makanan di grup. Atau kadang doi juga sharing apa yang dibuat, yang […]
[…] my other pumpkin recipes here: – Pumpkin Soup – Pumpkin Rice – Pumpkin Pie – Pumpkin […]
[…] in supermaket, pumpkins! So yes, I bought the most beautiful Hokkaido pumpkin and make the yummi pumpkin soup from half of it. I was thinking to freeze the other half to make soup again next time but I changed […]
[…] pumpkin is something I look forward in autumn. Until now pumpkin soup with coconut milk (recipe here ) is still our favorite at home but this season as we I tried this sald in a nearby supermarket, […]